Template:Random portal component with nominate
To see a real time example, see Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:Random portal component with nominate.
Here's a stale example of the output generated by this template.
Using this template for your portal page is easy!
- Create a subpage first. If your portal is Portal:Foo, then a subpage could be Portal:Foo/Selected picture.
- Under that subpage, create subpage to that page, named 1, 2, 3, ... with no prefixing 0. And it does not start with 0.
Using this template for your portal page is easy! Just include these parameters
- header: The header text of the box.
- footer: (optional) The footer text in the box; it link to an archive page that is located at Portal:yourportal/Subpage name e.g. /Selected picture. If no footer text is passed the default Text is Archive
- subpage: The subpage of the transcluded page, e.g. Selected picture
- max: The maximum number of sub-subpages. Must be a positive integer. Default max=1.
- seed: (optional) The default seed is 17 and can be set to any other integer value (used to generate distinct values on the same page). Prime numbers work best, such as 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97, 101, 103, 107, 109, and 113.
Suggest: a link to a nominate page that is located at Portal:yourportal/Nominate/Subpage name e.g. /Nominate/Selected picture. I have found after attempting to get a portal featured that most people want to see a suggest link for all selected content. I loved the original random portal component but in order to add a second link to the bottom of a section you had to turn off the footer and create your own footers (for subpage and suggestions on each content page. So, instead of spending all that time to create links on subpages I thought my time would be better spent adding suggestions to the component itself.
If you have found this page but don't want to add a suggest link to your section, the original Random portal component can be found at Template:Random portal component.