Straight Razor Links
(Redirected from LI)
[edit | edit source]
- Principles and practice of straight razor use and care, collecting, and history
- BladeForums.com is the Leading edge of Knife Discussion. With over 20,000 members and 1 million posts, if you can't find knife information here, it isn't anywhere.
- Explore the art of wet shaving!
- This is a wet-shaving community, with discussions on all aspects of shaving and men's grooming.
- The Perfect Shave
- The Gentleman's Shop's guide to the art of wet shaving.
- A story about straight razor shaving with information on razors, honing and the process of shaving.
[edit | edit source]
- How to sharpen a razor
- Instructions presented by knifecenter.com.
Histories of Barbers, Cutlers, and Straight Razors[edit | edit source]
- The Knife Makers Who Went West by Harvey Platts (online)
- A compilation of dates of operation of companies making straight razors
- Ed Jeffers Barber Museum
- An online barber museum complete with pictures, virtual tours and the history of barbering.
- Ken Hawley on Sheffield Razors
- Notes on Sheffield razor-making from the Ken Hawley collection including written observations and hand drawn diagrams
StraightRazorPlace.com[edit | edit source]
- SRP Member List
- The list of members at SRP
- SRP Member Map
- The map of members at SRP
- Restoration Chat
- Chat room for discussion of repairing, restoring, and making straight razors. Meets on Tuesdays at 8:00 pm central
- SRP Member ads for razors, supplies, honing and repair services, and other items
Books and DVDs[edit | edit source]
- The Art of the Straight Razor Shave by Christopher Moss (Book) in Diet & Health : An illustrated guide for anyone interested in the use of the straight razor, with step-by-step photographs to take you through your first straight shave.
- *THE* definitive guide to straight razor restoration, complete with pictures, videos, and detailed instructions on how to take your rusting hunk of junk and make it a working razor.
- The Standard Guide to Razors 3rd Edition delivers a discussion of factors that determine collector value, an appraisal chart of razors, notes on extended appraisals, & listings of companies & base values
Online Shops[edit | edit source]
- The Different Scent is based in Berlin, Germany. They have a (German language only) online shop, and offer all sorts of shaving related products, as well as a honing service, and shaving classes.
Other Useful Links[edit | edit source]
- An article dealing with the history, makeup and use of celluloid - that material we love to hate.