Marsh Brothers & Co
|Name||Marsh Brothers & Co|
|Location||Pond Works (until 1852) & Navigation Works, Sheffield|
|Dates of Operation||1853 - 1920|
This firm can be traced back to 1733 when members of the Marsh family used the Roxo touch-mark.
In 1787, the touch mark was being used by Hannah Marsh. Hannah Marsh's sons were part of the business.
In 1821, they were Marsh and Shepherd. They became Marshes & Shepherd from 1825 through 1850.
Their factory, the Pond Works was opened in 1828.